Saturday, November 5 -
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Nobscot Scout Reservation
It is not often a completely new trail is created. The Bay Circuit Trail has grown to
180 miles of blazed trail since its beginning in 1990. Troop 54 will hike a portion of this trail from
Callahan State Park to
Nobscot Scout Reservation. We estimate the hike to be about 4 miles.
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Use our Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything. Be sure to include
plenty of water. See other camping information on our Camping page. Definitely bring rain gear.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by November 1.
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than November 1. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by November 1.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by August 23.
- Cost (Scouts and Leaders) - Share of food cost for patrol.
Meet at the Armenian Church of Our Savior parking lot at 7:00 AM Saturday for departure by 7:15 AM.
Travel to the trailhead
is approximately 40 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 3:00 PM Sunday.
Tour permit - Done
Site reservation - Done
Fire Permit - Not required