Saturday, August 16 -
Sunday, August 17, 2008
We will hit the trail at Redemption Rock to
Leominster State Forest (LSF). We plan to
cover around 5 miles each way. While at LSF, we will do a service project, maintaining a section of trail. We may have a short
cross-country segement, so be prepared to use some map-reading and compass skills.
Refer to the
trail map of Leominster State Forest for the available trails.
Plan for Saturday:
- Meet at the church, leaving at 8 AM.
- Carpool to Redemption Rock monument
parking area on Route 140 in Princeton.
- Follow the Midstate Trail north, from Redemption Rock to Leominster State Forest.
- Follow one of the trails in LSF to Rocky Pond Road.
- Maintain a segment of that trail.
- Hike down to Hell's Highway and follow that down to Steam Mill Brook.
Plan for Sunday:
- Hike out of LSF the way we came in.
Event Info / Permission Slip
Pack light - "Every ounce counts!"
Extra items to bring for trail maintenance project:
- Work gloves
- Pruning shears or loppers
See cooking tips on our Camping page. Use our
Backwoods Camping List to make sure you don't forget anything.
Tour permit - Done
Permit from LSF - Done
Camp fire permit - included with permit from LSF