Friday, May 17 -
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Hoyt Scout Reservation
This will be our first trip to Hoyt Scout Reservation, at least since 2006. Hoyt STEM Camporee (aka,
"Scouts BSA Spring Camporee" or "Powahay Scatacook Hoyt Escape Spring Camporee"), a
camporee run by
the Powahay and Scatacook Districts in Connecticut Yankee Council, will offer a variety of activities.
Discover Hoyt Scout Reservation:
- Open Program Areas
- Rifle and Archery Stations
- Gaga Pit
- Conservation Awards and projects
- Hikes Galore
- Star Gazing Party
- Friday Night Movie
- Ultimate Frisbee Championship Tournament
- 11 Different Merit Badges
- Nova/STEM Workshops
- Saturday Night Gaming Party
For more information, see:
Merit Badge Guide Book
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Webelos Scouts and Bear Scouts are invited to
participate in the camporee (Webelos and AOL dens) with a later departure and camping with the
Webelos Overnight Weekend.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 25. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by April 25) -
Scouts BSA Members - $37 (online payment).
AOLs/Webelos/Bears - $25 (online payment).
Adults - $32 (online payment).
(This fee includes food and car gasoline reimbursement.)
- Worksheet - Each Scout should submit this to the
Scoutmaster by April 25.
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 30. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to Troop 54 within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 30.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by April 30.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 30.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Note pad and pencil or pen for taking notes at merit badges
- Spending money - There may be concessions at the event for food and souvenirs.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure
by 6:30 PM.
- Travel from the church to the
Hoyt Scout Reservation
is about 2-1/2 hours.
- We estimate departure from the fair ground at 11:00 AM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM on Sunday.