Friday, May 17 -
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Hoyt Scout Reservation
This will be our first trip to Hoyt Scout Reservation, at least since 2006. Hoyt Escape Weekend, a
camporee run by
the Powahay and Scatacook Districts in Connecticut Yankee Council, will offer a variety of activities.
Discover Hoyt Scout Reservation:
- Open Program Areas
- Rifle and Archery Stations
- Gaga Pit
- Conservation Awards and projects
- Hikes Galore
- Star Gazing Party
- Friday Night Movie
- Ultimate Frisbee Championship Tournament
11 Different Merit Badges
Saturday Night Gaming Party
For more information, see:
This trip is open to Scouts BSA members. Webelos Scouts and Bear Scouts are invited to
participate in the camporee (Webelos and AOL dens) with a later departure and camping with the
Webelos Overnight Weekend.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by April 23. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost (pay by April 23) -
Scouts BSA Members - $37 (online payment).
AOLs/Webelos/Bears - $25
Adults - $32 (online payment).
(This fee includes food and car gasoline reimbursement.)
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 23. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to Troop 54 within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 23.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by April 23.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 23.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. Personal gear can be packed in a backpack, zipper bag or tub as we will be
not be hiking a significant distance with the gear. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Day pack.
- Note pad and pencil or pen for taking notes at merit badges
- Spending money - There may be concessions at the event for food and souvenirs.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:00 PM Friday for departure
by 6:30 PM.
- Travel from the church to the
Altamount Fair Grounds
is about 2-1/2 hours.
- We estimate departure from the fair ground at 11:00 AM and a return to the church at
about 1:30 PM on Sunday.