Friday, May 4 -
Sunday, May 6, 2018
For our first time (at least in recent years), Troop 54 is visiting Camp
Richard. We will participate in the Highland Games on Nantucket, an event of the
Cape Cod & Islands Council. We have not been to one of their events before.
We will start our adventure with a 2 hour evening Steamship
Authority ferry ride from Hyannis on Cape Cod to the island of Nantucket. The camporee is
organized around traditional Scottish games. Our "clans" are expected to wear kilts.
This trip is open to Boy Scouts, not Webelos/AOL Scouts.
Leader_Guide - all the details on this event.
Read up as this is pretty different from anything we have done before.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by March 27. Paper
Form Online Form
- Cost - pay by March 27
Scouts and Leaders - $60 (includes food) (online payment).
- Annual Health
and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year and no later than April 24. This trip requires
only Parts A and B, including copy of insurance card
(both sides). A medical exam is not required.
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have
submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by April 24.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying
overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the
Scoutmaster by April 24.
- Vehicle Information - If
you are driving and your vehicle information has not been included on
a previous tour plan, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by April 24.
See our Personal Camping Gear page for a check list and descriptions of
most of the items needed. All personal gear must be packed in a backpack as we will be
hiking about 2 miles from the ferry to the camp. Specific items to bring:
- Full uniform (as for just about any event) - wear this.
- Water bottle.
- Any snack items or drink mix packets wanted, including for Friday evening.
- Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 4:00 PM Friday (the time will
be based on the survey result) for
departure by 4:30 PM. Because we have to get to the ferry well before its departure, we
will be unable to wait for participants who are late.
- Travel to the Steamship Authority terminal at 69 South Street in Hyannis
is approximately 2-1/2 hours. We will take the 8:00 PM ferry with arrival on Nantucket
at 10:15 PM.
- Our return trip will be on the 12:00 PM ferry with a 2:15 PM arrival at the Hyannis
terminal.Estimated return to the church is 5:00 PM Sunday.