Friday, February 21 -
Sunday, February 23, 2014
For this trip, we return to Camp Pomperaug in Union, CT,
where we previously camped during our June 2013 backpacking trip. This camp is operated
by the Connecticut Yankee Council. For this trip, we have reserved the Algonquin Cabin. Provided there is still snow, the Scouts plan to
engage in winter activities, such as sledding. Our cooking will hopefully generate more gourmet fare than some recent trips.
- Permission Slip - Each participating Scout must submit this to the Scoutmaster
by February 11.
- Event registration fee (adults and youth) - $25 (includes food)
- Annual Health and Medical Record - Each participant must have submitted
this record within the previous year. This trip requires only Parts A and B (pages 2 and 3), including copy of insurance card (both sides).
- CORI - Adults staying overnight must have submitted a CORI to the Mohegan Council within the last year. If
you need this, please submit it to the Scoutmaster by February 18.
- Youth Protection Training - Adults staying overnight must have completed BSA Youth Protection Training within
the prior two years. If you need this, submit your training certificate to the Scoutmaster by February 18.
- Vehicle Information - If your vehicle information has not been included on a previous tour
permit, please provide this to the Scoutmaster by February 18.
Travel and Times:
Meet at the Epworth United Methodist Church parking lot at 6:30 PM on Friday.
Travel to Camp Pomperaug is approximately 32 minutes.
Estimated return to the church is 12:00 PM Sunday.