Troop 54 was at Chippewa site this year, our third consecutive stay there for summer camp. The site worked well for us as it was centrally located
to program locations while being off the beaten path. The weather was really good (the only rain was a light one while we were sleeping on the last night).
The mosquitos were not too bad this year. This was one of the biggest weeks of the seaon for Treasure Valley; ten of the eleven of sites were occupied.
To address the dining hall capacity, the camp had its food service provider erect a large tent, referred to as the "Big Top", on a newly cleared
and paved space behind the East Lodge parking lot; this worked really well as serving was buffet style, and there was plenty of room to navigate
Troop 54 had eleven campers this year (6 Scouts and 5 leaders). During the week:
- Several members of the troop participated in the Order of the Arrow's Hour of Service, this year removing rock along the edge of the new camp road near
the Ranger's house.
- Our two first year campers participated in Brownsea Island Adventure.
- 100% of our Scouts and leaders competed in the Magee Games.
- 100% of our Scouts and one of our leaders competed in the Highland Games, earning 3rd place.
- One leader participated in the full COPE program.
- Our Scouts earned 11 merit badges (and several partials).
- We had two rank advancements (one to Star Scout and one to Second Class).
- One Scout was tapped out for Order of the Arrow.
- Four Scouts and three leaders stayed until Saturday.
- Three leaders earned the new Leader of Merit patch.
- Two leaders took the Scoutmaster classroom training with one also completing the outdoor portion.
Pictures by Joshua Froimson
Pictures by Keith MacNeal
Pictures by Marita Froimson
A couple of the other patches earned:
Troops in camp during Week 2 this year (all in council):
|Baden Powell||Troop 142 (Warren, MA)
|Chippewa||Troop 54 (Worcester, MA)
|Evergreen||Troop 121 (Auburn, MA)
|Hemlock||Troop 238 (West Brookfield, MA)
|Hickory||Troop 227 (Shrewsbury, MA)
|High Mesa||Troop 273 (Dudley)
|Madore||Troop 175 (Holden, MA)
|Pine Acres||Troop 37 (Worcester, MA)
|Sleepy Hollow||Troop 151 (West Boylston, MA)
|Tall Maples||not in use
|Thunderbird||Troop 53 (Auburn, MA)